Research shows this book and relaxation CD or MP3 will help you:
- Reduce anxiety before surgery
- Use 23-50% less pain medication
- Fall asleep if you have insomnia
- Heal faster
Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster is recommended at leading hospitals including:
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School teaching hospital. Click to see brochure given to their surgical patients.
- NYU Langone Medical Center in New York
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center in northern California
“Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster and its relaxation MP3 or CD should be in the hands of everyone having surgery.”
Peggy Huddleston developed five steps to prepare for surgery using mind-body techniques. She guides you in using these steps in her best-selling book, Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster.
A graduate of Harvard Divinity School, her clinical work and research focus on the ways positive emotions and the human spirit speed healing.
She has a private practice and does consultations by phone and Zoom.
Click below to hear Peggy Huddleston describe her 5 steps to prepare for surgery on NPR (National Public Radio).